Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program® (TOP®) Facilitator/Youth Educator
The TOP® Facilitator is responsible for implementing weekly TOP® sessions, coordinating community service learning opportunities, and providing overall support for teens enrolled in the program. The program is facilitated according to the evidence- based “Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program®” approach and support the evaluation and continual quality improvement of the program.
- Facilitate the Teen Outreach Program® in accordance with the training received from the TOP® Replication Partner and/or Wyman and create a supportive classroom environment where students feel comfortable discussing issues that are important to them.
- Plan and facilitate weekly lessons for at least four clubs from the Changing Scenes© curriculum. Facilitate planning and implementation of community service learning activities with TOP® teens, ensuring teens have the opportunity for a minimum of 20 hours of community service within 9-months.
- Provide “continuing contact” support to designated TOP® teens (maintaining their school and community service information, keeping them connected to the program, serving as a liaison with their parent/guardian) through email, phone calls, and personal interaction.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Create opportunities for participants to connect learning gained through service to academic studies and ultimately their lives.
- Make presentations to school personnel, community groups, parent groups and the business community on the benefits of the Teen Outreach Program™.
- Maintain healthy and appropriate relationships with TOP® teens, focusing on safety, support, interaction, and engagement.
- Ensure accurate and timely implementation of TOP® program evaluation and continual quality improvement activities. This includes completion of facilitator surveys on Wyman Connect and ensuring teens complete pre and post program surveys.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date enrollment forms, attendance records, and service records on all youth Maintain professional and open communication with the TOP® replication partner and Wyman.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in youth development, social work, psychology, education, or related field preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered. Previous public speaking experience is required.
Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in teen program delivery.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success in youth and family interactions.
- Knowledge of the stages of youth development and positive approaches to behavior management.
- Program implementation experience with teens.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and partner organizations.
- Ability to foster diversity and open communication within teams and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a high performing team.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software, and web- based computer programs.
- Successful co-facilitation experience preferred.
Standard office equipment, including computer, telephone, fax, and copy machine.
Must become a certified Teen Outreach Program® Facilitator. Valid Florida driver’s license and vehicle is required for this position.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands:
Ability to visually supervise youth within the TOP® program. This position requires successful completion of the level 2 background screening standards as set forth in s. 435.04, F.S. Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org