POSITION TITLE: Wyman’s Teen Outreach Program® (TOP®) Facilitator
REPORTS TO: Teen Outreach Program® Coordinator
The Urban League of Palm Beach County has been at the forefront of youth, education, economic, community and health empowerment for the past 45 years. The ULPBC was formed with the purpose to enable disadvantaged minorities to secure economic self-reliance through education, housing and employment. The organization has offered stellar programs in the areas of housing counseling, youth development and education, community development and crime prevention and intervention.
The Teen Outreach Program® (TOP) is a youth development program proven to empower today’s teens, so they can lead successful lives and help build strong communities. With a combination of an evidence-based curriculum and community service learning activities, it has been proven to foster academic success among other positive behavior changes. TOP has been proven to reduce course failures, reduce school suspensions and reduce teen pregnancies.
The Teen Outreach Program (TOP) Facilitator primary responsibility is to provide a positive and supportive environment where all participants are willing to discuss topics/current events/issues relevant to them.
TOP facilitator is also responsible to:
- Deliver weekly TOP sessions at designated in-school and/or after school site per fidelity standards.
- Collaborate with site staff and partners to coordinate community service learning opportunities and provide overall support to enrolled teens.
- Maintain healthy and appropriate relationships with TOP® teens, focusing on safety, support, interaction, and engagement.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in youth development, social work, psychology, education, or related field preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered. Previous public speaking experience.
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in teen program delivery.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven success in youth and family
- Ability to work with clients of various cultural and ethnic backgrounds and demonstrate awareness and acceptance of cultural differences of clients, staff and community contacts.
- Knowledge of the stages of youth development and positive approaches to behavior management.
- Program implementation experience with
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a high-performing
Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including computer, telephone, fax, and copy machine.
License(s)/Certifications Required: Ability to become trained as a certified Teen Outreach Program® facilitator
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Ability to visually supervise youth within the TOP® program.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and vehicle with proof of insurance. Successful completion of the level 2 background screening.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Experience in teen program delivery: 3 years (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Language: English (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls.
ULPBC MENTOR 5 PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Urban League of Palm Beach County has an open position for a Mentor Program Coordinator. This person must have experience and knowledge facilitating a Mentoring Program. This position will work in conjunction with other Urban League Youth Programs and under the supervision of the Director of Youth & Education. Job duties will include but not limited to:
- A Contracted Position (25-30 Hours per month)
Recruitment of Mentors (15 Minimum) Men & Women 21 years or older.
Mentor Orientation & On Boarding
CiVi PDM System entries (Mentors & Mentees): Data Management.
Establish Mandatory Advisory Council (5 Person minimum) 2 Law Enforcement/Juvenile Justice.
Deliver the Three Cornerstones of the Project Ready National Mentor Center.
A Mentor/Youth relationship building model.
Core work readiness and academic activities leveraged for UL’s existing programs (2.0)
Wrap around activities such as community service learning and financial literacy that further engage the youth and demonstrative meaningful connections to society.
Collection of Mentor updates and contact hours.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.